Versant Graduate Nurse July 2018 Cohort Job
Full Job Title: Versant Graduate Nurse July 2018 Cohort
Job Number: 17013356
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
SSM Health - Saint Louis University Hospital
Versant Graduate RN Residency Program Application
*We are accepting applications for the July 19, 2018 cohort in the following areas:
- Emergency Room
- Operating Room
- Critical Care
- Med/Surg (
- Behavioral Health
The Versant RN Residency Program includes guided clinical experience with a preceptor, education and curriculum, a supportive component composed on formal mentoring with debriefing/self-care sessions, and a 360-degree evaluation and measurement process. As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital are required to transition through the residency program. The Versant RN residency is the start of a journey from knowledge to knowing, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.
The program provides a highly integrated and systemic approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN residency goals
- Be a graduate with less than six months experience and Missouri RN license (successful completion of the NCLEX exam, proof of RN licensure)
- Have a GPA of 3.0 in nursing and science curriculum
- Provide official college transcript
- Have two professional references, at least one from a clinical instructor
- Letter of intent that answers:
- What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?
- Why are you interested in the Versant RN Residency Program?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- An essay stating the particular nursing department you wish to work in and why.
Back to top