Ultrasound Technician Job
Full Job Title: Ultrasound Technician
Job Number: 17006674
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Weekends
Performs a variety of technical procedures applying high frequency sound waves for the purpose of detecting pathology. Under the direction of the Radiologist, Director, Manager, performs diagnostic ultrasounds examinations for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physician.
Observes scanning techniques for new personnel and new residents in their rotation.
Operates the Ultrasound equipment and develops the films to obtain permanent record of the examinations.
Coordinates with and refers to the manager unresolved problems relating to examinations or patient scheduling.
Will participate in the orientation/in-service training for the Ultrasound section and will demonstrate the use of specific techniques and equipment. Will keep abreast of new ultrasonic equipment and methods, will participate in the evaluation and application of same.
Will recommend to the manager the need for supplies, equipment or modifications to improve workflow.
Practices according to safety and infection control policies.
Incorporates Quality Assessment into one's daily work.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
• Completion of an AMA accredited school of Ultrasound.
• Registered with ARDMS or registry eligible.
• Abdomen certification required, additional certification OB and BR preferred.
• Must be BLS certified.
• Additional breast and ob/gyn certifications preferred.
• Multitasking abilities, able to work in high volume department, including OR, invasive procedures, breast imaging, portables, inpatient and outpatient departments.
• Ability to work independently.
• Exceptional diagnostic skills.
• Able to prioritize.
• Excellent Customer service skills.
Back to top