Surgical Tech - Cardiac Job
Full Job Title: Cardiac Surgical Technologist
Job Number: 16013263
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides technical scrub skills in the operating room during surgical procedures and assists surgical team as needed in any other capacity, according to established procedures. Must be energetic and highly motivated to support the success of Saint Louis University Hospital.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department and interdepartmental objectives, and maintain good employee relations.
- Practices according to safety and infection control policies.
- Provides service excellence to the customers of Saint Louis University Hospital by delivering timely, high quality care in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Incorporates Quality Assessment into one's daily work.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Prior OR experience and graduation from an approved surgical technician program.
- At least 18 months of cardiac experience is a must
- Must have 2 or more years of experience to be eligible for sign-on bonus
- Working conditions: Must be able to travel to and between operating rooms at a rapid pace. May be required to wear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition to adhering to the department dress code. Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne disease.
- Must be able to work with electrical equipment. May be exposed to hot/cold materials and chemical agents (see MDS sheets). May be exposed to latex.
- Must be able to work alone, with others, and around others. Must have good organization, planning, reasoning, judgment, problem solving, and safety awareness skills.
Back to top