Surgical Tech - Advanced Endoscopy Job
Full Job Title: Advanced Endoscopy Surgical Tech
Job Number: 18001514
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 10 Hour Day
Hours: 7:00AM - 5:30PM
SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital
Advanced Endoscopy Non Certified Surgical Tech
Experienced endoscopy technician with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology of organs related to the GI tract. Demonstrates a variety of advanced technical procedural skills. Facilitates and provides staff training and education in assisting with advanced endoscopic procedures. Oversight of scope handling, preparation, care and repair process. Knowledgeable in GI/Endoscopy procedures and related equipment, infection control practices, patient safety and positioning. Identifies quality and safety improvement opportunities and processes. Acts as a clinical resource for physicians and hospital staff as well as a physician liaison for coordinating an implementation of new equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal system.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and proficiency in all advanced endoscopic procedures including ERCP and EUS.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge in interventions used during endoscopy including wire manipulations, clips, assisting in performing cyst gastrostomy and combined EUS/ERCP procedures.
- Proficient in the use of fluoroscopy equipment including the capturing of fluoroscopic images and image transfers to CD or synapse for storage.
- Proficiency in the use of Provation, operating of video/imaging systems, contrast injection and cine-film projector.
- Assist physician in multidisciplinary OR procedures in collaboration with other multidisciplinary teams.\
- Able to operate all equipment necessary to complete job (EUS machine, endoscopy processors, ERBE).
- Promotes a culture of safety.
Associate degree in surgical technology preferred
Minimum one year experience of procedural tech/advanced endo tech of a least one year.
Must be able to travel to and between Endoscopy rooms and the Radiology department. May be required to wear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition toadhering to the department dress code. Regularly exposed to body fluids with potential exposure to blood-borne disease. Must be able to work with electrical equipment. May be exposed to hot/cold materials and chemical agents (see MDS sheets). May be exposed to latex.
Back to top