Staff Pharmacist Job
Full Job Title: Staff Pharmacist
Job Number: 17010562
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings
•A pharmacist compounds and dispenses medication, provides drug related information, and supervises the work of support staff.
• Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient assessment. Records clinical interventions, therapy recommendations and other clinical activities according to department policy and procedure
•Assures that patient care activities and other work assigned to his/her supervised area is completed each day
•Acts to minimize risk to patient, hospital, fellow employees and self
•Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Drug Use Evaluation (DUE), Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) and clinical programs of the Pharmacy Service.
•Reviews nonformulary medication orders and proposes alternative therapy with formulary medications when possible.
•Provides inservice education to nursing and the pharmacy staff in areas of clinical and/or service expertise.
- Minimum Education: BS in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Minimum Experience: Two years of relevant experience preferred.
- 1 year of residency training preferred.
- Operational experience preferred.
- Working Conditions: Requires processing work at a rapid pace, with frequent deadlines within and outside of the department. Frequent interruptions and distractions are encountered. Minimal travel is required.
Back to top