Social Worker Job
Full Job Title: Social Worker MSW
Job Number: 18000636
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
- The Social Worker MSW is a professional practitioner who collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to develop safe, timely and appropriate plan along the health care continuum.
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment as clinically indicated.
- Establishes and coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care based on an analysis of the patient's medical condition. Analysis of the initial assessment data; patient/significant other input, and physician orders.
- Provides and documents social work interventions based on assessed patient's needs, plan of care, and changes in the inpatient condition.
- Documents effectiveness of social work plan and modifies that plan as patient progresses toward expected outcomes.
- Practices according to safety and infection control policies.
- Masters' degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- One year of acute care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable clinical population.
- Knowledge of community resources and methods to access.
- Knowledge of treatment protocols, standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of resources and case management.
- Working knowledge of health care finance and third party payment methods.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Developed negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with PC, mainframe or Internet based information systems.
- Working knowledge of a personal computer and basic software packages.
Back to top