Social Worker Job
Full Job Title: Social Worker MSW
Job Number: 17014420
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
- The Social Worker MSW, PRN is a professional practitioner who collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to develop safe, timely and appropriate plan along the health care continuum. The PRN staff are employed on an as needed basis during the absence of full-time staff and during periods of high census. PRN staff are required to become an active member of the multidisciplinary team on the service to which they are assigned.
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment as clinically indicated
- Establishes and coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care based on an analysis of the patient's medical condition. Analysis of the initial assessment data; patient/significant other input, and physician orders
- Provides and documents social work interventions based on assessed patient's needs, plan of care, and changes in the inpatient condition.
- Documents effectiveness of social work plan and modifies that plan as patient progresses toward expected outcomes.
- Practices according to safety and infection control policies.
- Masters' degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- Requires MSW and one year of acute care experience
- State License or ACSW
- Knowledge of applicable clinical population
- Knowledge of community resources and methods to access
- Knowledge of treatment protocols, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of resources and case management
- Working knowledge of health care finance and third party payment methods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Developed negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with PC, mainframe or Internet based information systems
- Working knowledge of a personal computer and basic software packages
Back to top