Scheduler - OR Job
Full Job Title: Scheduler operating Room
Job Number: 17011890
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
- This position is responsible for hospital wide scheduling of diagnostic testing, surgical and invasive procedures, and special procedures for outpatients/inpatients.
- Enters statistical data.
- Recognizes scheduling problems as they arise and deals with them.
- Follows operating room policy in regard to scheduling of cases.
- Checks accuracy of schedule, corrects discrepancies, prints and distributes operating room schedule per protocol.
- Notifies Anesthesia and Supervisor of schedule changes.
- Confers with admitting daily to obtain room numbers.
- Demonstrates ability to operate computer by correct data entry.
- Obtains data and statistical reports from computer as needed.
- Must have ability to handle multiple phone calls while performing multiple tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have basic typing skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience in scheduling programs preferred.
- Must have a basic course in medical terminology.
- Experience as OR, Diagnostic scheduler preferred.
Back to top