Radiology Technician - Cath Laboratory Job
Full Job Title: Radiology Tech Cath Lab
Job Number: 17005164
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Varied
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Cardiology Tech II
The Cardiology Tech in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory performs tasks that provide technical support during invasive cardiovascular procedures while also providing basic patient care to all types of patients under the direction and supervision of the professional nurse.
- Performs general patient care as it relates to the patient's physical needs under the direction of the RN.
- Performs technical support during catheterization procedure. Circulates in the procedure rooms, scrub, assist during procedure. Initiates appropriate action in regard to supplies and equipment
- Follows established policies and procedures in providing direct patient care.
- Initiates and plans for provision of patient comfort and hygiene measures.
- Makes frequent rounds on all patients noting condition, requests and environment.
- Performs EKG.
- Assist with admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Assists nurses and physicians with pre-procedure, intra-procedure and post procedure job tasks.
- Prepares rooms prior to and following cases. Assists Clinical Engineering with service to CCL rooms.
- Applies sterile drapes and prepares equipment prior to start of procedure. Is able to scrub into procedures as deemed necessary by the attending physician.
- Accurately connects patient to EKG monitors, blood pressure and oxygen monitoring.
- Establishes arterial/venous line set-up prior to procedure.
- Operates equipment necessary and demonstrates proficiency in:
- Hemodynamic monitor/recorder
- Video/imaging system
- Contrast injectors
- Cardiac output units
- Oxygen consumption monitors
- Quantitative analysis software
- Intra-vascular ultrasound units and RADI/FFR set-up
- Doppler blood flow velocity unit
- Cine-film projectors and making cd's of procedures
- Intra-aortic balloon pump
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Ensures equipment/supplies are available and stored appropriately
- Empties full trash/soiled linen containers
- Changes full needle boxes
- Notifies appropriate department in order to maintain a clean and safe environment (housekeeping, maintenance, dietary, etc.)
- Troubleshoots problems that arise with equipment and brings about solutions to the problems
- Assists designated inventory manager with charges and orders under supervision of operational supervisor.
- Preceptor for all new cardiology technicians and assists with technical training of all new registered nurses.
- Orients new staff to all areas of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Instructs and evaluates all staff regarding sterile technique, room set-up, procedures and equipment to perform job duties.
- Assists supervisor with schedule for employee
- Maintain as a seat member on AMI committee
- Assists supervisor and other employees on monthly basis in performing: Environment of Care Self Assessment and Patient Safety Assessment
- Assists supervisor with daily operational needs of CCL/EPS.
- Assists supervisor in making sure all needs for .edu and education requirements are met.
- Assists with Departmental in-services as mandated by operational supervisor.
- Performs sheath removal after invasive procedures
- Assesses groin site and peripheral pulses.
- Checks vital signs prior to sheath removal.
- Compresses artery and/or vein for prescribed length of time using manual, fem-stop and clamp arterial
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formalagenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share yourexperiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple astexting with a friend.Clickhereto register today!
- High school diploma required. Graduate of a Radiology Technology program required; Associates Degree preferred.
- ARRT registered/certification, BLS and ACLS required.
- Previous Cath Lab experience preferred. One year experience in interventional radiology or special procedures required if no cath lab experience.
- May hold specialty registries from Cardiovascular Credentialing Institute (CCI) as an Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) and/or a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS).
- Cardiac Cath/Electrophysiology Lab experience preferred.
Back to top