RN - Radiation Therapy Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Radiation Therapy
Job Number: 17015252
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
RN Radiation Medicine
- Provides nursing care for patients undergoing radiation therapy, plays a significant role in helping the patient accept the physician's plan of care, tolerate diagnostic and therapeutic measures, derive the greatest benefit from their treatment and return to the most satisfying level of living possible. Assists the physician with clinical examinations.
- Completes weekly nursing evaluation on clinic patients, orders labs, takes vital signs and weight, etc.
- Ensures all data (labs, procedure notes, etc.) is in patient chart and is available for physician review prior to examination.Completes the nursing information sheet. Maintains patient flow in daily clinic. Assists patient and family members in problem solving; monitors patients as needed.
- Coordinates implant admissions with 8 South and Bed Control.
- Coordinates scheduling of test and exams (ie. special procedures, bronch, endoscopic exams, and CT scans).
- Works with Department Data Manager in maintaining departmental statistics (ie. M/M rates). Maintains crash cart.
- Provides psychological support for patients and their families. Direct patients to sources of aid or agencies which are essential to their well-being.
- Provides instruction/presentations to groups as requested on topics related to care of radiation therapy patients.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- One year in radiation or medical oncology experience required.
- Current Missouri License
- RN will rotate to nuclear medicine, CT, Diagnostic and MRI.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS required.
- Excellent people skills.
Back to top