RN - Patient Access Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Patient Access
Job Number: 17006339
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
• The Registered Nurse- Patient Acceptance and Placement Center facilitates inter-hospital requests for transfer to Saint Louis University Hospital
• Collaborates with physicians, using InterQual criteria, to ensure appropriate clinical screening of potential observation, inpatient and psychiatric admissions
• Screens all scheduled patients for Medicare Inpatient Only procedure compliance and presence of pre-certification numbers
• Assigns beds on admission for Emergency Department (ED), Direct Admit, Elective, Post Procedure and Intra/Inter Unit patient transfers
• Ensures compliance with Medicaid, Medicare, State and Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) regulations on patient admission and inter-hospital transfer.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formalagenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share yourexperiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple astexting with a friend.Clickhereto register today!
• RN licensure required
• Five years clinical experience in an acute care facility
• Fast paced environment requiring the ability to plan and problem solve with specific time frames. Must be available for periodic shift coverage, rotating holiday schedule. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and crisis situations. Subject to irregular hours.
Back to top