RN - Neuro ICU Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Neuro ICU
Job Number: 17016837
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 12 Hour Day
Hours: 7:00AM - 7:30PM
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
RN - Neuro ICU, FT Days
5 ICU provides nursingcare to the Neuroscience patients whom are critically or acutely ill orinjured. The age of our patients includes the adolescent, adult, and geriatricpopulations. The department delivers care through personnel specificallytrained and educated to meet the needs of the patient population. Care isprovided twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) on 5 ICU is a professional practitioner who manages and directs nursing care activities during the patient's hospital stay and coordinates care planning with other disciplines utilizing a patient / customer driven approach.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessment / reassessment.
- Establishes and coordinates a plan of care based on analysis on the initial assessment data, patient diagnosis, physician orders and established standards of care.
- Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient condition.
- Documents the effectiveness of nursing care and modifies plan of care as patient progresses toward expected outcomes.
- RN licensure in the State of Missouri, BSN preferred.
- Must have prior critical care or stepdown experience.
- Skilled in care of neurosurgery, neurology patients including all technical skills associated with the ability to deal with many behavioral challenges
- May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and crisis situations. Subject to irregular hours.
- Physical Requirements: Occasional prolonged standing/walking. Occasionally lifts positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Back to top