RN - Interventional Radiology Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse interventional Radiology
Job Number: 17007357
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
RN, Cardiac Catherization Lab
- The Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is a professional practitioner who manages and directs nursing care and technical support before, during and after invasive cardiovascular procedures. The Registered Nurse serves as a resource for patients, physicians, and technicians to contact when problems occur related to the interdisciplinary approach of cardiovascular medicine.
- Delivers patient care before, during and after invasive cardiovascular procedures. Requires a broad knowledge of nursing skills with emphasis on cardiac
- anatomy and physiology, knowledge of aseptic technique, and cardiac related criteria
- Performs a complete procedure-specific assessment of the patient upon admission to the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. This includes, but is not limited to, assessment of baseline vitals, review of medical history, allergy history, level of consciousness, pain assessment, physical, spiritual, cultural and psychological needs, and peripheral vascular status.
- Performs appropriate nursing care of the patient undergoing invasive, peripheral vascular, and cardiovascular procedures. This includes initiation for parenteral therapy, moderate sedation administration and monitoring, patient teaching and instruction, assessment of condition during the procedure with appropriate evaluation and intervention.
- Performs catheter and sheath removal after invasive procedures
- Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient condition.
- Provides timely ongoing patient reassessment by making frequent rounds on all patients noting condition, requests, and environment and documenting pertinent observations according to the care plan. Performs and evaluates basic ECG and 12-lead ECG while noting any changes in the patients baseline rhythm throughout the procedure. Assist physicians with invasive peripheral vascular and cardiovascular procedures.
- Utilizes special assessments (abuse, fall risk, skin care, etc.) when appropriate.
- Monitors lab results: serum electrolytes, coagulation times, arterial blood gases and other labs as ordered, and communicates results to physicians.
-Performs technical support before, during and after invasive peripheral vascular and cardiovascular procedures.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
·Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and current Nursing License Nursing required
·ACLS/BLS certification required
-Cardiac Catheterization, ER, Critical Care, IV skills needed experience preferred
·The work requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the patient population served
Back to top