RN Fellowship - Operating Room Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Fellowship operating Room
Job Number: 17007430
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Varied
SSM Saint Louis University Hospital
RN Fellowship - Operating Room
The OR Fellowship Program is designed for experienced nurses with no prior experience in a perioperative setting, who aspire to transition into the Operating Room. The program includes a comprehensive AORN (Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses) 18-week course in addition to 6 months of preceptor guided orientation through all 12 surgical services offered at our level 1 trauma center. SLU hospital is a teaching hospital which makes it an excellent environment to learn this specialty area of nursing. Perioperative nursing is among the few nursing specialties where you can experience the whole nursing process, one patient at a time.
· The OR registered nurse (RN) is a professional practitioner who provides, manages and directs nursing care activities during the patients' perioperative experience and coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
· Performs comprehensive nursing assessment as the database.
· Establishes and coordinates a plan of care based on analysis of the initial assessment data, patient diagnosis and physician orders.
· Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in-patient condition.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click hereto register today!
Current MO RN License.
· CPR Certification.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in medical surgical or critical care, preferably in acute care setting.
· Computer skills Epic, and clinical related I.S. systems.
· BSN strongly preferred.
Back to top