RN - Emergency Room Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Emergency Room
Job Number: 17004069
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time, Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 12 Hour Day
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional practitioner who assesses manages, directs, and provides nursing care activities for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, and coordinates care planning with other disciplines utilizing a patient / customer driven approach.
- The ER RN ensures the delivery of and provides quality nursing care for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, utilizing established standards of care and the nursing process.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Establishes, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care based on analysis of assessment data, patient diagnosis, lab data, tests, procedures, physician orders, protocols and standards of care and other information as relevant.
- Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient status.
- Documents and or communicates nursing care and or changes in patient condition.
- Provides specialized care to patients at high risk for injury.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- RN licensure in the State of Missouri required.
- Minimum of 2 years of current ED or Critical Care experience preferred. Level 1 or Level 2 Trauma experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred. Successful completion of Trauma Nurse Core Course and\or Trauma Nurse Specialist preferred.
- Working conditions: Highly stressful working environment. Exposure to confidential data, including patient records and incident reports. Contact with supervisors, medical staff, house staff, referring hospital personnel, nursing services, students, volunteers, patients, families, visitors, personnel from outside agencies, administrators, pre hospital care providers and personnel from other internal departments.
Back to top