RN Clinical Educator Job
Full Job Title: RN Clinical Educator ICU
Job Number: 17009760
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
|Saint Louis University Hospital|
RN Clinical Educator ICU
- Under the direction of the Director, Emergency Services, the Emergency Department Educator facilitates and provides for the educational needs of the nursing staff. This includes orientation, staff inservice education, and other educational programs for the development of the Emergency Department staff. Annually reviews and revises the Emergency Department Policy and Procedure Manual in consultation with the Director, Emergency Services, and the Clinical Manager.
- Provides leadership in clinical problem solving. Works on projects within the ICU to promote optimum patient care.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff.
- Maintains and updates orientation material.
- Coordinates the orientation process for new staff members in the ICU utilizing the Preceptor/Versant.
- Evaluates the orientation process, recommending and implementing changes when appropriate.
- Serves as a resource for others.
- Coordinates the orientation process including documentation for all new nursing personnel including per diem/contract/agency.
- Assists managers in identifying staff, physician, and patient needs and developing education programs.
- Participates actively on Hospital Committees.
- Serves as a resource in developing relevant unit specific education
- Schedules inservice programs for new supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Maintains current, accurate records of personnel attendance/participation in the educational programs in the Emergency Department.
- Able to share knowledge with staff on all educational levels in professional manner.
- Facilitates departmental compliance with annual mandatory requirements, including safety.
- Coordinates the Performance Improvement process
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement.
- Completes evaluation data/studies with the intent of assisting Nurse Manager, Director of Nursing, Emergency & Trauma Services, and staff to identify and initiate changes in nursing practice and patient care satisfaction.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans when indicated.
- Ensures that all elements of the Hospital Performance Improvement Plan are implemented within surgical services.
- Coordinates and presents performance improvement reports as designated.
- Maintains statistics, graphs, and other data elements.
- Identifies resources necessary to facilitate Performance Improvement activities.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of inter and intra departmental performance improvement activities.
- Acts as a liaison to other clinical areas/departments when warranted.
- Facilitates and coordinates the identification of strategies that improve nursing and patient care outcomes. Professional Leadership
- Consults with and keeps the Director, Emergency Services, Clinical Manager and other departmental managers informed of activities and needs in the department.
- Interacts with management, physicians, staff, and other departments to identify problems and develop strategies to correct same in a timely and facilitative manner.
- Demonstrate effective decision-making/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to set priorities and delegate responsibilities.
- Communicates effectively with staff regarding organizational concerns.
- Collaborates with peers and others to set and achieve interdepartmental/organizational goals.
- Responds to concerns related to competency of agency personnel.
- All paperwork responsibilities are kept current and organized.
- Represents the hospital at professional meetings.
- Demonstrates ability relate to coworkers in a professional and respectful manner, in order to assure and promote a culture of safety
|- Minimum Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing; Preferred BSN or Masters|
- Minimum Experience: 5 years clinical educational programmatic experience in the ICU
- Required Course: Current Missouri license
- Working Conditions: Regular exposure to the risk of bloodborne diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- May perform emergency care. Pressure due to multiple competing demands.
- High level of stress due to variable workload with deadlines. Handles occasional crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires.
- Physical Requirements: Occasional prolonged, standing/walking and sitting. Occasionally reaching stooping, bending, kneeling, crouch, lifting, pushes/pulling 30 pounds. Must be able to communicate information in a manner appropriate for intended audience
- Cognitive Demands: Must be able to work independently and in groups, in a quiet or distractible environment, on a structure or unstructured task. Must have good organizational, planning, reasoning, judgment, problem-solving, safety awareness skills, and cognitive flexibility
- Social Conditions
- Must be able to work alone, with others and around others, in a quiet or distractible environment.
- Must be able to communicate information in a manner appropriate for intended audience.
- May come into contact with individuals who may behave
- or speak in an aggressive, hostile, threatening, or confused manner.
Back to top