RN Clinical Educator Job
Full Job Title: RN Clinical Educator
Job Number: 17008510
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:40 PM
The Clinical Educator is responsible for the educational needs assessment, planning, development, delivery, coordination and evaluation of a variety of clinical education programs for Saint Louis University Hospital. The educator also provides support to the learner community and supports ongoing Tenet initiatives.
• Identifies educational needs via Performance Improvement findings, Quality Initiatives, formal/informal conversations with hospital personnel and medical staff, participation in committees/teams/task force meetings and direct observation of need and surveys.
• Plans, directs, coordinates and implements educational activities including programs, inservices and continuing education offerings.
• Assists Directors, Manager and designates in planning and carrying out staff development programs.
• Maintains and or facilitates maintenance of current course records, files and teaching materials.
• Advises Managers and Supervisors of staff status related to completion of mandatory requirements.
• Supports corporate training initiatives including .Edu, and other enterprise-wide, or regionally based programs. Includes .edu and other standardized corporate offerings into curriculum when possible. Uses .edu at an expert level. Partners with departmental and other hospital educators.
• Participates in Regulatory Compliance by collaborating with appropriate individuals to develop, present, monitor and evaluate staff educational requirements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development and show clinical expertise for ages of patients served, including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric in order to accommodate the specific learning needs of staff.
Bachelors Degree is required and Masters is preferred.
• Experience in teaching in a healthcare setting is desired.
• Current RN Missouri Licensure is required.
• Certification as an instructor for ACLS, BLS and Health Interventions is preferred.
• Great communication, problem solving, and multitasking skills
Back to top