RN - Behavioral Health Job
Full Job Title: RN Charge Acute Behavioral Health
Job Number: 17012633
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Charge RN - Full Time, Days
Acute Behavioral Health
The Charge Nurse is a professional practitioner who assesses, manages, directs and provides nursing care activities for the inpatient units / clinical areas. She/he is responsible for the planning, organization, delegation and completion of patient and unit activities for a specific shift. The charge nurse focuses on the quality and outcomes of care and facilitates the role and responsibilities of the team members.
Minimum Education: RN licensure in the State of Missouri
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience desired.
- Satisfactory performance appraisals.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism in working relationships and during delivery of care.
- Possesses good problem solving abilities including follow up and reporting.
- Remains calm and is able to handle highly stressful situations.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Is available for variable shifts.
- Energetic and motivated.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and critical situations. May work variable hours
Physical Requirements: Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and pull 100 pounds.
Back to top