RN - Abdominal Transplant Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Abdominal transpant Clinic
Job Number: 17015877
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Per Diem
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
RN - PRN & Days
The Center for Abdominal Transplantation at Saint Louis University Hospital counts with extensiveexperience and a long history of nationally-recognized care in hepatology,interventional nephrology and surgery, we are committed to promoting a patient-centered,multidisciplinary approach to the care of the patient with end-stage organfailure and honoring the donor gift with excellent patient and family care.
Our transplant team, including specially-trained nurses, patient care coordinators and a team ofinternationally renowned surgeons, provides medical care for patients withend-stage organ failure requiring liver, kidney, kidney-pancreas, and/orisolated pancreas transplantation.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) takes exceptional care of people by coordinating and leading the patient care team utilizing a patient /customer driven approach.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by the Transplant Services Department, as defined in the scope of services. This includes but is not limited to performing age appropriate assessments, documenting findings, formulating a plan of care based on the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides specialized nursing care to patients in ambulatory setting. Job will include phone triage, care coordination, and assisting with procedures.
- RN licensure in the State of MO required.
- Prior outpatient, home health, Liver or GI experience preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with many demands on time.
- Must be able to multitask as well as utilize multiple computer software programs.
- Able to support multiple physicians.
- Working Conditions: May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and crisis situations. Subject to irregular hours.
- Physical Requirements: Occasional prolonged standing/walking. Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Back to top