Physical Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Physical Therapist
Job Number: 18001130
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Per Diem
|Physical Therapist |
- The Physical Therapists (PTs) at Saint Louis University Hospital (SLUH) provide exceptional care to people through collaboration with physicians, nurses, family members and other rehabilitation and ancillary professionals. SLUH PTs rotate to different floors so are able to treat a wide range of patient diagnosis including but not limited to orthopedic, neurological, traumatic, oncology, general medicine/surgery, cardiac, pulmonary, transplant, wound care, etc. This position also has the opportunity for outpatient care. SLUH promotes growth and education for staff through ongoing department in-services, committee participation and special project opportunities. The academic teaching environment provides a collegiate atmosphere for learning.
- The Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluating, planning, and implementing treatment of inpatients and outpatients with a wide variety of diagnoses utilizing specialized modalities and techniques in accordance with the Professional Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) Department Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborates with inter-disciplinary and inter-departmental team to achieve goals and objectives for the provision of optimal patient care services. These services include structured treatment, program implementation, related documentation, and communication.
- Provides quality patient care through effective and complete evaluations, appropriate treatment plans, and goals as assessed by Performance Improvement (PI) monitoring, peer/supervisor observation, documentation, and verbal reports.
- Documents in complete, accurate, and timely fashion with content following department policy and/or format as assessed by PI monitoring, peer/supervisor observation, and chart auditing.
- Actively participates in department activities. Attends, actively participates, and interacts in all department meetings pertinent to area. Is accountable for information discussed at meetings.
|- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy required.|
- Current Missouri License required. Membership in APTA and MPTA preferred.
- At least 1 year of clinical experience required.
- Acute care experience preferred.
- Evaluation and treatment of multiple DX's including ortho, neuro, trauma, oncology, general med/surg, card/pulm, etc.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Back to top