Pharmacy Operations Manager Job
Full Job Title: Pharmacy Operations Manager
Job Number: 17005552
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- The Pharmacy Operations Manager reports to the Director of Pharmacy Services. The Pharmacy Operations Manager is responsible for the daily operations and management of the department. Daily management includes but is not limited to supervising department employees, evaluating distribution workflow, evaluating administrative workflow (payroll, charging, buying, human resource issues, quality improvement processes, data assessment, etc.), developing efficient department processes / procedures, and providing five star customer service. The Pharmacy Operations Manager is involved in developing the strategy, mission, and vision of the department. The Pharmacy Operations Manager is entrusted with highly confidential patient, business, and personnel data. A high degree of ethics and confidentiality is required.
- Develops pharmacy staff members to perform at a high-level of performance consistent with the mission/goals/objectives of the Department of Pharmacy Services.
- Develops operational goals for the Department of Pharmacy Services. These revolve around the core pharmaceutical issues pertinent to day-to-day operations. These core operational measures consist of, but not limited to, turn-around time, medication dispensing errors, Pyxis efficiencies, etc. Develops clinical staff pharmacist/technician responsibilities for assigned job duties.
- Works with the Technology Specialist and the Information Services Department to develop goals/objectives for the informatics/automation utilized in the Department of Pharmacy Services to help streamline pharmacy operations. Assists the Director of Pharmacy in the development of a rational/justification/implementation scheme for new innovative technologies. Assists with the training of pharmacy staff on the use of these technological services.
- Adjusts staffing within assigned budget guidelines according to volume, types, and trends of workload.
- Maintains files documenting employee education, training, and work performance. Helps direct employees to develop appropriate objectives that benefit the department, as well as promotes employee growth and personal development. Counsels employees in areas of substandard performance, initiates corrective action as necessary in accordance with the policies of the hospital, completes annual performance evaluations for supervised employees in accordance with the evaluation timetable, and meets with supervised employees at least twice each year to discuss performance. Demonstrate ability to relate to coworkers in a professional and respectful manner, in order to assure and promote a culture of safety.
- Interviews new employees, orients employee to hospital and department, arranges training in unit dose, intravenous admixture, nursing unit based pharmacy operations, and chemotherapy.
- Assures compliance with Missouri laws and regulations, JCAHO rules and regulations, and Saint Louis University Hospital / Department of Pharmacy Services policies and procedures.
- Educates (initially, annually, and prior to any inspection) pharmacy staff regarding new policies / procedures and operational changes.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formalagenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share yourexperiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple astexting with a friend.Clickhereto register today!
•BS in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy and / or MBA preferred.
•Minimum of three years of hospital pharmacy experience with management experience. Five years of hospital experience with at least two years of hospital management experience preferred.
•The Pharmacy Operations Manager must be licensed as a pharmacist, or eligible for licensure, in Missouri.
Back to top