Occupational Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Number: 18002148
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Per Diem
- The Occupational Therapists (OTs) at Saint Louis University Hospital (SLUH) provide exceptional care to people through collaboration with physicians, nurses, family members and other rehabilitation and ancillary professionals. SLUH OTs rotate to different floors so are able to treat a wide range of patient diagnosis including but not limited to orthopedic, neurological, traumatic, oncology, general medicine/surgery/ cardiac, pulmonary, transplant, etc.
- Responsible for evaluating, planning, and implementing treatment of inpatients and outpatients with a wide variety of diagnoses utilizing specialized modalities and techniques in accordance with the Professional Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as established by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) Department Policies and Procedures. Collaborates with inter-disciplinary and inter-departmental team to achieve goals and objectives for the provision of optimal patient care services. These services include structured treatment, program implementation, related documentation, and communication.
- Provides quality patient care through effective and complete evaluations, appropriate treatment plans, and goals as assessed by Performance Improvement (PI) monitoring, peer/supervisor observation, documentation, and verbal reports.
- Documents in complete, accurate, and timely fashion with content following department policy and/or format as assessed by PI monitoring, peer/supervisor observation, and chart auditing.
- Actively participates in department activities. Attends, actively participates, and interacts in all department meetings pertinent to area. Is accountable for information discussed at meetings.
|- Masters or Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy required.|
- Current Missouri license required or license eligible. required NBCOT registration. Membership in AOTA and Missouri Occupational Therapy Association (MOTA) preferred.
- One year of clinical experience required
- Acute hospital experience preferred.
- Able to work autonomously and have good documentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable with a wide variety of DX including trauma, ortho, neuro, med/surg, onc, etc.
- Must be able to travel to and treat patients in patient rooms, clinics, and gym areas in hospitals and ORC.
- Must be able to work with electrical equipment such as BTE and modalities.
- May be exposed to hot/cold material and chemical agents (see Material Safety Data Sheets) and sharp tools.
- May be required to wear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition to adhering to the dress code.
- Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne diseases.
Back to top