Nurse Practitioner - Bone Marrow Transplant Job
Full Job Title: Nurse Practitioner BMT Clinic
Job Number: 17015059
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Evenings, Rotating Weekends
- The Advanced Practice Nurse provides expert knowledge in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of needs of all Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) inpatients. The APN maintains a Collaborative Practice Agreement and functions within the scope of that agreement with the BMT Attendings.
- Oversees appropriateness of patient care of the oncology patients.
- Provides education to both Nursing and ancillary staff through inservices and one-on-one education sessions.
- Provides teaching on BMT procedure to the BMT patient and care giver and obtain informed consent for BMT Serves as consultant to nursing staff, medical staff, social work, pastoral care, and ICU regarding the specialty management and care of BMT patients and families.
|- RN licensure in the State of Missouri required.|
- Master's Degree in Oncology Nursing (with research component preferred).
- Two years in Oncology Nursing required.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Certification (AOCN) - Oncology Nursing Society.
Back to top