Monitor Technician Job
Full Job Title: Monitor Tech
Job Number: 17015552
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Evenings
- The Monitor Tech in the EKG department performs set up of cardiac telemetry including patient preparation.
- Monitors patients on telemetry by computer or transtelephonically.
- Evaluates cardiac rhythms and notifies the appropriate persons about serious or life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Creates and types overread reports.
- Processes and maintains appropriate patient and departmental records.
- Performs ECGs as needed.
- Hooks up Holter and cardiac event monitors as needed.
- - Maintains and promotes Saint Louis University Hospital service standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- BLS certified.
- Experienced EKG, Holter or telemetry monitor tech preferred or CCT tech.
- Proof of EKG arrhythmia education required (certificate, graduate of a vocational school or community college program.
- Required to pass arrhythmia test within established timeline based on previous experience.
Back to top