Medical Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Medical Technologist
Job Number: 17014373
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Not Benefit Eligible)
Hours: 6:00PM - 6:30AM
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Medical Technologist I, Core Lab
- The medical technologist provides accurate and timely clinical laboratory services used in the assessment, treatment and diagnosis of disease. Integrates and connects the vision, value and goals of the organization into daily decisions, behaviors and actions.
- Performs clinical laboratory testing in one or more of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, microbiology, serology, chemistry, hematology or urinalysis following standardized procedures in accordance with regulatory and/or hospital quality control.
- Performs pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical activities in accordance with all established departmental policies and procedures to provide accurate and timely clinical laboratory services consistently.
- Assists the supervisor in coordination/completion of specific assigned duties or projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- B.S. in medical technology or related science including an approved period of laboratory training required
- ASCP Certification or eligibility to test required.
- Must have two years recent experience as a medical technologist in an acute care hospital.
- Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
Back to top