Manager - Surgical Support Staff Job
Full Job Title: Mgr, Surgical Support Staff
Job Number: 18002434
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 7:00AM - 3:30PM
SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital
Manager, Surgical Support Staff
Directs the OR Support Techs and Anesthesia Technicians activities in the Operating Room. Assures that AORN Recommended Practices for environmental cleaning in the surgical practice setting and the anesthesia equipment. This position is also accountable for turnover of the OR, assuring that all of the proper equipment is staged at the OR prior to the start of the case and that the metric for the turnover is achieved. This position works with limited supervision.
· Directs the daily activities of the OR Support Techs
· Coordinates the activities of the OR Support Techs
· Acts as a resource person for Surgical Services
· Maintains schedule for the OR Support Techs and Anesthesia Technicians
· Assures that appropriate infection control and standard precautions are followed according to hospital policy
· Actively manages equipment resources and identifies maintenance and resource issues
· Communicates deficiencies of equipment for purchase to the Assistant Director of the OR
· Maintains Policies and Procedures that relates to the work of the groups which the Support Staff Manager supervises
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor's Degree required
· Prior management experience preferred
· Working Conditions: Must be able to travel to and between procedural area at a rapid pace. May be required to wear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition to adhering to the department dress code. Regularly exposed to risk of bloodborne disease. Must be able to work with electrical equipment. May be exposed to hot/cold materials and chemical agents (see MSDS sheets). May be exposed to latex.
· Physical Requirements: Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull 100 pounds
Back to top