Lead Nurse Navigator - Focus Program Job
Full Job Title: Lead Nurse Navigator Focus Program
Job Number: 17012746
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
FOCUS Program Lead Navigator/Project Coordinator (10months in Year 1)
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital received aFOCUS program (On the Frontlines of Communities in the United States)award from Gilead Sciences, Inc. to implement routine, opt-out HIVscreening as part of the St. Louis Expanded HIV Testing Initiative (ETI),coordinated by Washington University Infectious Diseases Clinic (regionally)and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (statewide).Currently, there are 17 sites in the St. Louis region's ETI, including threeother hospital emergency departments. As an innovative enhancement, we willinitiate lab-based HIV screening using the Abbott ARCHITECT, which supports a 4thGeneration Ag/Ab test as compared to the point-of-care (POC) 3rdgeneration rapid HIV Ab test in use at all other regional ETI sites.
Thisinnovation will result in smoother integration of HIV screening into both theemergency departments staff workflow and the electronic medical recordordering/documentation process; a higher proportion of eligible patientsscreened compared to emergency departments using POC HIV rapid tests; anincreased likelihood of identifying patients with acute HIV; and, anopportunity to assess sustainability of emergency department-based HIVscreening that incorporates third-party billing.
As part of its program, SLU Hospital will implement routine,opt-out screening for HCV, making it the first emergency department in St.Louis to offer this testing. Given the lack of public health and communityinfrastructure for HCV linkage to care (LTC) and treatment in the region,linkage resources are built into this proposal and SLUH staff will coordinatewith key stakeholders (e.g., hepatology and infectious diseases providers,local/state health departments, community health) on the development of referralprocesses to support access to care for emergency department patients whoreceive a positive HCV RNA result.
SLU Hospital's emergency department anticipates performing 8,775 HIVtests and 5,265 HCV tests in Year 1 of the FOCUS grant program.
The FOCUS Program LeadNavigator/Project Coordinator has a lead role in the design, implementation andmonitoring of clinical care of the planning of clinical protocols related toHIV and Hepatitis C testing in the Emergency Department.
Positionwill support the FOCUS program performing all related duties as required bygrant. Position will also support otherclinical initiatives for the purpose of service integration and improving QA/CQImeasures.
- RegisteredNurse. Preferred 5 years minimal experience in an Emergency Department and/orInfectious disease practice.
- Previousexperience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally andlinguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Previousexperience leadership/supervisory role.
- ComputerLiteracy in Excel and Word required.
- Workschedule is primarily based on ambulatory clinic hours. Shift can change basedon project goals and needs. Evening and weekends may be required.
- Excellentcommunication and writing skills.
- Generatesregular reports utilizing health information.
- Documentsfeedback from users (providers, RNs) ondata gathering and works to enhance the overall flow of patient processing forthe purpose of better monitoring and tracking of specified health measures(i.e. HIV, Hepatitis C)
- Attendsregular meetings and provides oral and/or written reports on the status ofclinical initiatives related to patient screening and follow-up. Specifically, participates in biweekly conferencecalls and quarterly coordinator meetings related to the FOCUS program.
- Produces"publish-ready" quality documentation and reports.
Back to top