Instrument Technician Job
Full Job Title: Instrument Tech PRN
Job Number: 17003757
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: PRN, Varied
Instrument Room Tech
PRN, as needed
- Under the direction of the Instrument Room Charge Technician, responsible for decontamination, cleaning, sorting, and sterilization of instruments.
- Maintains knowledge of instruments functions.
- Recognizes needs and initiates appropriate action in regard to maintaining supplies and equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year hospital experience.
- Instrument room experience preferred.
- Working Conditions: May be required to wear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition to adhering to the department dress code. Regularly exposed to risk of bloodborne disease. Must be able to work with electrical equipment. May be exposed to hot/cold material and chemical agents. Exposure to latex.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to tolerate prolonged, extensive, or considerable sitting, standing, and walking. Must be able to carry equipment and supplies. Must have manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push/pull 100 pounds.
Back to top