Human Resources Business Partner Job
Full Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Job Number: 18003403
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
The Human Resources Business Partner administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Effectively communicates the legal requirements to managers and employees.
- Notifies Human Resource Director of any problems or potential problems.Assists Human Resource Director with required regulations as administered bystate, federal, and hospital regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for Workers Compensation (TAD Program), Unemployment Processing, Position Management, and Payroll Processing, as applicable.
- Works with market employee coordinating FMLA and LOA communications toensure continuity of employee's leave.
- Works with employees who are placed on restricted duty and serve as aliaison between employee and Employee Health and between the employee andhis/her manager as it relates to a work related injury.
- Communicates with vendor processing unemployment claims
- Assists Human Resource Director with daily employee relations tasks andspecial projects as assigned.
- Prepares responses to EEOC, NLRB and or other employee complaintsand insures responses are thoroughly investigated and completed by the assigneddeadline.
- Meets with managers and employees regarding employment concerns anddisciplinary issues.
- Offers appropriate advice per policy's regarding any issues or concerns making sure all resolutions are consistent.
- Suggests the use of the Fair Treatment Process when appropriate andadministers that program assisting the employee and the manager with responsesand deadlines.
- Reviews all corrective counseling's and absenteeism memo's assuringcompliance and consistency. Consultswith the Human Resource Director as appropriate and with all potentialterminations.
- Prepares and mails all termination paperwork including requestingtermination checks from payroll.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous human resources employee relations experience required. Labor/union relations experiencerequired.
- Experience working with HR & payroll systems such as ADP, SAP.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of employee relations activity and fast pace environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to process paperwork in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws/regulations pertaining to employment, employee benefits, employee relations, labor relations, etc.
- Ability to keep all employee information strictly confidential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Back to top