SSM Health - Saint Louis University Hospital
Versant Graduate RN Residency Program Application
*We are accepting applications for the October 16, 2017 & February 19, 2018 cohorts in the following areas:
Position Summary:The Versant RN Residency Program includes guided clinical experience with a preceptor, education and curriculum, a supportive component composed on formal mentoring with debriefing/self-care sessions, and a 360-degree evaluation and measurement process. As a Versant standard, all new graduate nurses hired by SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital are required to transition through the residency program. The Versant RN residency is the start of a journey from knowledge to knowing, moving towards competent performance at the bedside.The program provides a highly integrated and systemic approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Emergency Room
- Operating Room
- Critical Care
- Behavioral Health
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards
For more Information about the Versant Program: http://www.ssmhealth.com/sluhospital/nursing-residency/ Here what our Graduate Nurses have to say about the Residency Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tVZNGvu_AQualifications
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN residency goals
- Be a graduate with less than six months experience and Missouri RN license (successful completion of the NCLEX exam, proof of RN licensure)
- Have a GPA of 3.0 in nursing and science curriculum
- Provide official college transcript
- Have two professional references, at least one from a clinical instructor
- Letter of intent that answers:
- What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?
- Why are you interested in the Versant RN Residency Program?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- An essay stating the particular nursing department you wish to work in and why.
Soon, you will begin your journey as a Graduate Nurse and we want to share all about our GN Residency Program! Join us for an online chat on Thursday, August 3 anytime from 11am to 1pm CST. Talk to our Recruiters, learn about SLU Hospital's exciting future as we build a GRAND new facility, and ask questions about the graduate nurse residency program-- all online, from any device. Click here to register:
***Please note this is not an application for an open position. If you meet the basic qualifications for the role, a recruiter may be in touch by phone or email to ask you to complete the next step of the process to be considered for a job opportunity.***
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn More »