Graduate Nurse - ER Job
Full Job Title: Versant Graduate Nurse Emergency Room
Job Number: 17011501
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Varied
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Graduate Nurse, ER
The Emergency Department at SaintLouis University Hospital provides immediate medical stabilization andtreatment to institute life and limb saving measures to any persons presentingto this facility for emergency care.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional practitioner who assesses manages, directs, and provides nursing care activities for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, and coordinates care planning with other disciplines utilizing a patient / customer driven approach.
- The ER RN ensures the delivery of and provides quality nursing care for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, utilizing established standards of care and the nursing process.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Establishes, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care based on analysis of assessment data, patient diagnosis, lab data, tests, procedures, physician orders, protocols and standards of care and other information as relevant.
- Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient status.
- Documents and or communicates nursing care and or changes in patient condition.
- Provides specialized care to patients at high risk for injury.
- Pain Management: Assess patient for presence of pain on admission and during assessments/reassessments. Incorporates patient's cultural/spiritual beliefs regarding pain into pain management plan. Implement pain management techniques. Focus on prevention rather than treatment. Include patient and/or family members in developing a pain management plan. Consider other methods of pain control when developing plan of care: massage, repositioning, immobilization, and music therapy.
- Abuse Assessment: is aware of abuse recognition criteria and incorporates it into assessments. Reports signs of possible abuse/neglect to the physician, Risk Management and Social Work. Takes appropriate action to support patient safety when signs of abuse are noted.
- Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice.
- Ability to relate to coworkers in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- RN licensure in the State of Missouri required.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred. Successful completion of Trauma Nurse Core Course and\or Trauma Nurse Specialist preferred.
- Working conditions: Highly stressful working environment. Exposure to confidential data, including patient records and incident reports. Contact with supervisors, medical staff, house staff, referring hospital personnel, nursing services, students, volunteers, patients, families, visitors, personnel from outside agencies, administrators, pre hospital care providers and personnel from other internal departments.
Back to top