Graduate Nurse - ER Job
Full Job Title: Versant Graduate Nurse Emergency Room
Job Number: 17008461
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Varied
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional practitioner who assesses manages, directs, and provides nursing care activities for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, and coordinates care planning with other disciplines utilizing a patient / customer driven approach.
- The ER RN ensures the delivery of and provides quality nursing care for all patients presenting to the Emergency Department, utilizing established standards of care and the nursing process.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Establishes, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care based on analysis of assessment data, patient diagnosis, lab data, tests, procedures, physician orders, protocols and standards of care and other information as relevant.
- Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient status.
- Documents and or communicates nursing care and or changes in patient condition.
- Provides specialized care to patients at high risk for injury.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursingrequired.
- RN licensure in the State of Missouri required.
- Graduate Nurse or 2 years of medical surgical experience.
- Successful completion ofAdvanced Cardiac Life Support required. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)preferred. Successful completion of Trauma Nurse Core Course and\orTrauma Nurse Specialist preferred.
- Workingconditions: Highly stressfulworking environment. Exposure to confidential data, includingpatient records and incident reports. Contact with supervisors, medicalstaff, house staff, referring hospital personnel, nursing services, students, volunteers,patients, families, visitors, personnel from outside agencies, administrators,pre hospital care providers and personnel from other internaldepartments.
Back to top