Endoscopy Tech Job
Full Job Title: Endoscopy Tech II
Job Number: 17015108
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Hours: 7:00AM - 3:30PM
SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital
Endoscopy Tech II - FT, Days
Experienced endoscopy technicianwith knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology of organs related to theGI tract. Demonstrates a variety ofadvanced technical procedural skills. Facilitates and provides staff training and education in assisting withadvanced endoscopic procedures. Oversight of scope handling, preparation, care and repair process. Knowledgeable in GI/Endoscopy procedures andrelated equipment, infection control practices, patient safety andpositioning. Identifies quality andsafety improvement opportunities and processes. Acts as a clinical resource for physicians and hospital staff as well asa physician liaison for coordinating and implementation of new equipment andsupplies.
- Qualified healthcare provider trained in assisting with endoscopic procedures, clean and disinfects endoscopy scopes, and as needed, transports patients to and from the department.
- Assist in other endoscopic procedures (i.e. ICU cases, etc.)
- Clean and process dirty endoscopes.
- Able to operate all equipment necessary to complete job.
- Ensures all supplies are available for patient care.
- Assist with tracking inventory in hospital inventory system IMMS, ordering supplies, and storing of all inventory.
- Responds to decrease in workload by assisting in Holding/Recovery transporting patients to and from the department to the front entrance for discharge, changing bed linens, and or turning procedure rooms over to accommodate next patient.
- Display positive attitude to support teambuilding by demonstrating enthusiasm for non-routine and or extra duties.
- Actively seeks ways to develop skills locally as well as through the hospital sponsored in-services. Demonstrates attitude of cooperation when working.
- Assumes responsibilities and ownership in solving problems and resolving complaints.
- Works with minimal supervision and maintains high quality standards.
- Practices universal precautions and disposes of hazardous wastes per
- established guidelines.
- Cleans equipment prior to storage in proper place.
- Maintains storage areas in endoscopy.
- Maintains a safe clean working area.
- Inspects area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and standards.
- Places work orders for repair of equipment.
- Reports environmental hazards and needed repairs appropriately.
- Wears proper endoscopy attire.
- Assumes responsibility for completing all annual mandatory requirements.
- Assists in the nursing care and preparation of the Endoscopy patients.
· Associatedegree in surgical technology or previous experience of proceduraltech/advanced endo tech of a least one year.
· WorkingConditions: Must be able to travel to and between Endoscopy rooms and theRadiology department. May be required towear protective clothing such as masks, gowns, and gloves in addition to adheringto the department dress code. Regularly exposed to body fluids with potentialexposure to blood-borne disease. Must be able to work with electricalequipment. May be exposed to hot/cold materials and chemical agents (see MDSsheets). May be exposed to latex.
· CognitiveDemands: Must be able to workindependently and in groups, in a quiet or distractible environment, on astructured or unstructured task. Must have good organization planning,reasoning, judgment, problem solving, safety awareness skills, and cognitiveflexibility.
· PhysicalRequirements: Must be able to tolerateprolonged, extensive or considerable sitting, standing, and walking. Must beable to wear lead aprons for extended periods. Must be able to transfer adultpatients who require maximal assistance. Must be able to carry heavy equipment(20 pounds) and supplies. Must be able to maneuver a wheelchair or stretcher inorder to complete their job task. Must be able to tolerate considerablereaching, bending, squatting, and kneeling to retrieve equipment and performpatient treatment. Must be able to read and write. Must be able to communicateinformation in a manner appropriate for intended audience. Must have manualdexterity and mobility.
Back to top