Emergency Room Technician Job
Full Job Title: Emergency Room Tech
Job Number: 17016628
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 12 Hour Night, Rotating Weekends
- Responsible for meeting the basic needs of the patient by providing skilled levels of bedside patient care in collaboration with the primary care nurse. Provides assistance to other members of the health care team in order to provide quality patient care.
- Reports and documents all changes in the patient's condition to the primary care nurse in a timely manner.
- Assists in the teaching of students rotating through the Emergency Department.
- Performs clerical duties necessary to the functioning of the department.
- Transports patients, cleans, and prepares treatment rooms. Provides comfort measures for patients. Assists with combative or confused patients.
- High school diploma required. Advanced education in allied medical or health care programs preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) course required.
- Previous experience in health care, including performance of veni -puncture, EKGs and basic assessment skills, preferred.
- Completion of learning program with 80 % passing score on written and skills performance examination. (Required if coming in without experience.)
Back to top