Coding Specialist Job
Full Job Title: coding Specialist
Job Number: 17005640
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
SSM Saint Louis University Hospital
Credentialed Coder - Outpatient
PRN, 12 hours/ week
- The Credentialed Coder is responsible for the review of outpatient medical records with assignment of the appropriate ICD 9 CM, CPT 4 codes consistent with SSM Health Coding Polices and to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Collects, analyzes, assigns and sequences all codes for: diseases, operations, newborns, and complications for each patient discharge, outpatient surgery or outpatient observation according to the latest coding systems.
- Assigns ICD 9 and CPT codes for diagnosis and procedures accurately and completely.
- Assures accurate and complete entry of data in the Meditech abstract module as defined by the hospital
- Provides service excellence to the customers of Saint Louis University Hospital by delivering timely, high quality care.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology required
- One year of outpatient coding and abstracting experience preferred
- Medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology and survey of disease
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS or eligible to test for any of these Certifications
Back to top