Coder - Credentialed Job
Full Job Title: credentialed Coder
Job Number: 16015297
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Coder- Credentialed, Inpatient
- The Credentialed Coder is responsible for the review of outpatient medical records with assignment of the appropriate ICD 10 CM, CPT 4 codes consistent with SSM Health Coding Polices and to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Collects, analyzes, assigns and sequences all codes for: diseases, operations, newborns, and complications for each patient discharge, outpatient surgery or outpatient observation according to the latest coding systems.
- Assigns ICD 10 and CPT codes for diagnosis and procedures accurately and completely.
- Assures accurate and complete entry of data in the Meditech abstract module as defined by the hospital
- Provides service excellence to the customers of Saint Louis University Hospital by delivering timely, high quality care.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology required
- One year of outpatient coding and abstracting experience preferred
- Medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology and survey of disease
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS or eligible to test for any of these Certifications
Back to top