Care Partner - Neuro ENT Job
Full Job Title: Care Partner Neuro ENT
Job Number: 18001309
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 12 Hour Day, Days
Hours: 7:00AM - 7:30PM
SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
CP - Neuro/ENT
Full-time, Days - 7:00AM - 7:30PM
Come find your niche in Neuro! We are looking for dynamic nurses to join our team. The Neuroscience service line is a fast-growing field with many advancements in the management of nervous system disorders due to our in depth understanding of how the nervous system works. St. Louis University Hospital is an Academic Medical and Level One Trauma Center with a focus on patients, families, and career development. Our Primary Stroke certified units specialize in advanced stroke care, neurological conditions, and head, and neck disorders. Join our team and be part of the Grand New SLUH!
- Care Partners are responsible for meeting the basic needs of patients by providing skilled levels of bedside patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Care Partners also perform clerical duties necessary to the functioning of the nursing unit.
- Carries out the patient's plan of care as it relates to the patient's physical needs under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Delivers care requiring broad knowledge of aseptic technique, medical terminology and equipment.
- Assists nurses and physicians with procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of and operates equipment used in patient care safely.
- Completes unit clerical duties including the coordination of designated unit activities, transcription of orders, medical record maintenance and serving as a unit receptionist.
- Prepares rooms prior to admissions and following discharges. Completes patient's belongings list on admission and transfer.
- Directs prompt and courteous attention to the needs of patients, families, and visitors.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
- Post High School vocational / specialized training preferred.
- 1-3 years preferably in acute care hospital
- Completion of learning program with 80% passing score on written and skills performance examination.
- Skills to assist with ADL for neurologically challenged patients.
- Knowledge of vital signs, assisting with dietary needs and personal needs a must.
Working Conditions: Regular exposure to the risk of blood-borne diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness). Subject to trying and unpredictable situations. May perform emergency care. Subject to irregular hours. Pressure due to multiple competing demands.
Back to top