Anesthesiologist Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Anesthesiologist Assist
Job Number: 18001517
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
SSM Saint Louis University Hospital
Anesthesiology Assistant AA
- The Anesthesiology Assistant provides delegated medical services within
the education, training. These services may include perioperative patient evaluations as well as delegated teaching and research functions.
- The Anesthesiologist Assistant may administer anesthesia under the direct
supervision of a qualified anesthesiologist.
- Performs initial CPR/ACLS in life threatening situations as directed by a physician or protocol until the supervising anesthesiologist arrives.
- Initiates multi-parameter monitoring prior to anesthesia or in other acute care settings. Modalities include, but are not limited to, ASA Standard Monitor arterial and venous catheters.
- The Anesthesia Assistant may manipulate and interpret data from central venous, pulmonary artery and intracranial catheters and other monitors devices that are indicated.
- Administers the prescribed anesthetic with particular attention to the cardiovascular, respiratory and metabolic health of the patient.
- May administer drugs commonly used in anesthetic practice by protocol or as directed by the supervising anesthesiologist.
- Utilizes advanced treatment modalities to effect the prescribed anesthetic plan; these may include but are not limited to advanced airway interventions, including intubation of the trachea; starting and adjusting vasoactive infusions, administering vasoactive and anesthetic drugs, administering blood and any other treatment modalities prescribed by the supervising anesthesiologist.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Anesthesia Assistant.
- Must be licensed as an Anesthesia Assistant in the State of Missouri
- Certified by the The National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants (NCCAA).
- Experienced in anesthesia clinical practice preferred, but new graduates are welcome.
- Must maintain certification through The National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants (NCCAA).
Back to top