Anesthesiologist Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Anesthesiologist Assist
Job Number: 17006442
Facility: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days
Hours: 645am- 315pm
SSM Saint LouisUniversity Hospital
$20K Sign-on Bonus
- The Anesthesiology Assistant provides delegated medical services within
the education, training. These services may include perioperative patient evaluations as well as delegated teaching and research functions.
- The Anesthesiologist Assistant may administer anesthesia under the direct
supervision of a qualified anesthesiologist.
- Performs initial CPR/ACLS in life threatening situations as directed by a physician or protocol until the supervising anesthesiologist arrives.
- Initiates multi-parameter monitoring prior to anesthesia or in other acute care settings. Modalities include, but are not limited to, ASA Standard Monitor arterial and venous catheters.
- The Anesthesia Assistant may manipulate and interpret data from central venous, pulmonary artery and intracranial catheters and other monitors devices that are indicated.
- Administers the prescribed anesthetic with particular attention to the cardiovascular, respiratory and metabolic health of the patient.
- May administer drugs commonly used in anesthetic practice by protocol or as directed by the supervising anesthesiologist.
- Utilizes advanced treatment modalities to effect the prescribed anesthetic plan; these may include but are not limited to advanced airway interventions, including intubation of the trachea; starting and adjusting vasoactive infusions, administering vasoactive and anesthetic drugs, administering blood and any other treatment modalities prescribed by the supervising anesthesiologist.
Back to top